For years, retinol has been touted as the go-to anti-wrinkle ingredient on the market. Skin care products containing retinol dominated the spots on the shelves for years – until recently. Now, retinol based products are moving over for a new anti-wrinkle ingredient. The hottest addition to anti-aging skin care products? Matrixyl® 3000.
Before learning why Matrixyl 3000 is such a hot commodity right now, it’s important to note that retinol is not all bad.
Benefits of Retinol
It’s still used in many skin care products and its popularity is not by mistake. There are many reasons why retinol is so attractive to so many women. Some its top anti-aging benefits include:
- Helps clear acne
- Repairs skin damage
- Shrinks pores
- Diminishes the signs of wrinkles
- Lightens discoloration
These benefits are all highly sought after in women to stop the aging process dead in its tracks. But the way it works to reduce signs of aging have adverse side effects that can actually make skin look unhealthy.
Negative Side Effects of Retinol Based Skin Care Products
Retinol is basically vitamin A in cream form. It’s used in skin care products, including acne products and anti-aging products. It repairs cells and restores elasticity to the skin, but it has its downfalls.
- Many women are allergic to retinol.
- First time users often experience a lot of peeling when they first use the product because they’re not used to the chemical.
- Dead skin cells sometimes accumulate on the surface of the skin causing the pores to clog.
- Clogged pores can often lead to breakouts if the person using the product does not exfoliate regularly.
- Retinol makes the skin more sensitive in the sun. But when you layer retinol skin care products with sunscreen it can trigger an adverse reaction. Accordingly, you’re encouraged to keep your sun exposure to a minimum when using it.
The list goes on. Because of the potentially negative retinol side effects, many women seek out alternatives.
Why Matrixyl 3000 is Named the Hot New Retinol Alternative
Beauty experts have found Matrixyl 3000 to be one of the hottest ingredients to hit the skin care market. This ingredient has far fewer side effects and stronger anti-aging properties.
A recent study of Matrixyl 3000 produced the following results:
- Wrinkle depth decreased by 15%
- Wrinkle volume decreased by 18%
- Roughness in the skin decreased by 14%
- The area of the skin with wrinkles decreased by 44%
- Skin tone increased by 15%
These results of the study are on par, if not ahead of retinol. However, with Matrixyl 3000, women do not experience the negative side effects that can come with retinol based beauty products.
Matrixyl 3000 stimulates the skin to produce more collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid – all of which are important elements in minimizing signs of aging. In fact, it has been shown in clinical studies to almost double the collagen in your skin helping to fill in small wrinkles. It is especially effective on areas of the face more prone to wrinkles, such as on your forehead, or around your lips. Along with boosting the elasticity of your skin, it also improves skin tone.
Unlike retinol, Matrixyl 3000 does not clog your pores. Instead, it works with your skin to boost natural anti-aging agents. This repairs your skin without causing breakouts and dead, dry skin to accumulate on the surface.
It is the chosen peptide based ingredient by top skincare manufacturers because of how powerful it is in giving you brighter, more rejuvenated looking skin.
You don’t have to put your skin through months of adaptation time and risks of increased sun damage. With products that use Matrixyl 3000 instead of retinol, your skin starts to regenerate collagen and minimize signs of aging from the first application.
Want to feel the difference on your skin? Get your bottle of THAT Age-Defying Moisturizer with Matrixyl® 3000.