If you’re like most women at or near the “other side” of 40, you want your skin to look as young as you feel. You search for and try products to help you reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines. There is one piece of advice that remains at the top of expert’s list to banish wrinkles – use products that boost collagen production.
What Is Collagen?
Collagen is a type of protein found throughout your body. It’s in your muscles, bones, tendons, and your skin. It’s the protein that keeps your body glued together and working correctly so that you stay strong and supple.
In your youthful prime, your skin produced collagen on its own. Now that you’re getting older, your body is not able to maintain high collagen levels like it once used to. This has a direct impact on how old your skin looks.
How To Use Collagen To Banish Wrinkles
For years, women have paid a large price for beautiful skin by having collagen directly injected into the skin.
Plastic surgeons use a large needle to inject the fibrous protein into wrinkles to plump them up and make them disappear. The injections are painful and only last a few months before the collagen wears off and the wrinkles reappear.
Although injections are highly effective, they have negative side effects. Some women have difficulty showing expression after having large amounts of collagen injected into their face. Others have difficulty moving their lips or eyes because of how stiff the collagen injections make the delicate area around their mouth and eyes.
Now, there’s a better way for women who do not want to go through the pain or limitations caused by injections.
Boosting Collagen Production Without Injections
Producers of anti-aging products have found ingredients that naturally stimulate your body’s collagen levels. Moisturizers and creams offer an easier, more enjoyable way of boosting collagen production.
Here’s what it takes to banish wrinkles and promote the production of collagen in your skin:
- Wash and exfoliate your skin. Never apply moisturizer on dirty skin. Wash your face and exfoliate before using anti-aging creams. Exfoliation cleans the pores by removing dead cells and skin. This allows the collagen boosting ingredients to penetrate your skin.
- Apply moisturizing anti-aging cream to dry skin. A little bit goes a long way when applying anti-aging creams to your face and skin. You don’t need to lather on the moisturizer for the collagen production to take place.
- Stimulate collagen production. As the cream gets absorbed into your skin, it will stimulate your skin to produce more collagen proteins.
Collagen producing creams aimed at fighting wrinkles and other signs of aging often contain peptides in their list of active ingredients. These help replenish the collagen in your skin. One ingredient that contains an effective peptide combination is Matrixyl® 3000. Popular in anti-aging and anti-wrinkle creams, Matrixyl 3000 encourages your body’s natural collagen production safely and effectively.
How To Choose A Moisturizer To Help You Boost Collagen Levels In Your Skin
There are plenty of moisturizers that claim to help you rebuild collagen levels. When finding the right product for your skin, there are a few things you should look for.
- Choose a collagen boosting cream with Vitamin C. Your body needs this vitamin to produce more collagen. With Vitamin C infused into your anti-aging cream, you help speed your body’s collagen production.
- Avoid products with Retinol. Retinol is one of the most popular ingredients in anti-aging products. Yet it has negative side effects including causing your skin to break out or become dry and chapped, so it’s not the right choice for everyone. Opt instead for products with Matrixyl 3000 to avoid these negative side effects.
- Know the difference between day and night face creams. You can use either or both. Some day creams offer UV protection to help prevent damage from sun exposure, others go on separately from sunscreen offering you more control. Night creams are thicker and do not offer this protection. Know the difference so you don’t get burned.
When it comes to slowing the signs of aging, you need to restore your skin’s collagen levels. With the right cream, you avoid the pain of injections and still get the same rejuvenating results.
Stop the injections! Boost collagen with a safer solution – THAT Age-Defying Moisturizer and Anti-Aging Wrinkle Cream.